Skip to main content

What if love is actually the answer?

“The more we flee our shadowy places, the more they fester in the dark and the more haunted this house becomes.” John Welwood

What if......

One day, March 25, 2016 to be exact, I was watching the news while something simmered on the stove. It was bad news after bad news after more bad news. It was all just so depressing. I shut the TV off, picked up my writing notebook and wrote this: 

What if we are to blame for all the bad things in the world?
What if coming here to earth was a very special gift given to those souls worthy of the human experience?
What if we are wasting the opportunity by not being loving to each other?
What if our only purpose here on earth, in these human bodies, is to increase the collective energy of the universe?
What if the only way to do that is to be more loving?
What if we are failing?
What if we are letting the dark side win?
What if our hearts are the answer?
What if?

All of the wisdom traditions claim that we are all one. Some say consciousness isn't something in our own head but collective. COLLECTIVE. How we think, and act, doesn't just impact us or the people in our immediate circle but the entire world. Until we start understanding that the dark shadow (the bad people in the world) is our shadow, there won't be any change in the world.

This is why pulling off the masks is so important. We need to get real about addressing our pain rather than avoiding it. “The more we flee our shadowy places, the more they fester in the dark and the more haunted this house becomes.” - John Welwood.

There is a lot of love in the world, but it certainly doesn’t feel that way sometimes. Especially since everyone is walking around with masks on, hiding their own pain. People think they are alone and end up doing terrible things because of that perceived aloneness. Giving love feels impossible when you're hurting. It’s hard to love others when you don’t feel loved or lovable.

When we are focused on the love that we aren't getting, we drift further and further away from love itself. Because it's not about the love we get but what we give. We need to think less about giving and getting love but more about being love. Be the love you want to feel.  We need to be the love we want to see in the world. BE THE ONE.

We’ve got to get out of the haunted house!

We have to help others with their pain.

We have to mend connections with the people in our tribes.

We have to learn to deepen the connections we have.

Vulnerability breeds connection. Connection breeds love. Love breeds more love!

What if I’m right?

What if love is the answer?

Love IS the answer. I know it.

Don’t waste this lifetime hating others, being angry at your family members, or feeling that you are alone in your pain. Reach out to someone. I’m happy to be that someone. You can even send me an anonymous message using the contact form on the blog. I can post my response to you on the blog. I’m here for you but so are your friends, your family, your spouse. Just reach out.

Be the love today......

As ever, and namaste
Kathy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good riddance 2017!

“We lose connection with our realness when others have standards on how we should be.”  Tara Brach I’d like to say a big F-you, sayonora, and good riddance to 2017 but my therapist says that’s not nice. She says that without all the tough lessons I had this year, I would not have grown. And...she’s right (but don’t tell her that...) Every day I choose an Angel Card (see link) to give me a word, something to contemplate and guide me as the day goes on. Each year on New Year’s Day, I chose a theme word for the year and then I review it on the last day of the year. Last January I got "Education". To be honest, when I picked it, I was a little disappointed. I guess I thought the word was boring. I’m sure my angels were laughing at me then. They knew what they were doing, as always, because I definitely got an education this year! I got my PhD in me and let me tell you, it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 2017 was a year of transitions at home and work. It was

The infectious quality of joy lies within

"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls." Mother Theresa I had someone say to me the other day that this world has no joy. Just sit with that one for a minute. No joy? Doesn’t that sound hopeless? I was left with this empty feeling in my heart and her words have reverberated in my head ever since. No joy? How sad is that?   I think that she was referring to the relentless negative news that fills our newsfeeds and how beat down she felt by it all. The media - mainstream or social - is a constant barrage of all that is wrong with the world. Climate change/natural disasters, sexual predators, shootings, animal cruelty, war, insane dictators armed with nuclear weapons....it just goes on and on. If you focus on all of that then I can imagine how one might feel there is no joy in the world. A few years ago, I bought a mantra band that says, “Choose Joy.” I wear it often as a reminder that joy is a choice. It's not something you should take for gran

Be true to yourself

“Something lost? A part of yourself, perhaps? That which you seek, inside you will find.” - Yoda I saw the new Star Wars movie a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it very much mostly because it had a very spiritual, and timely, message of hope. It also had a message that the power to change anything, or overcome darkness, comes from within. Star Wars has always been about the struggle between good and evil both in the universe and with its character's internal struggles. Some struggled more than others, like Anakin Skywalker, aka: Darth Vader. Without getting too much into it, Anakin had a strong force - of good - within him when Qui-Gon Jinn, the Jedi Master, discovered the young boy. Jinn said that the force within Anakin was so strong that he was the “chosen one”, the one they’d been waiting for to restore balance in the galaxy. And then.... Anakin turned and went to the dark side, which ultimately greatly upset the balance. If you've watched all the movies, you know